Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Well, it's official: I'm going on a roadtrip.

I really like driving. And roadtrips rock. My Torrey group wants all of us who live in California to get together before school starts up again. The mid-point of where most of us live being San Luis Obispo, that's where we're going. Lucky for us, several of our members live there, so we'll be staying at their houses. Very generous of them I think.

But a road trip! I'm very excited.

I was going to try and make a detoure to visit some family/friends up in Tulare county, but then I realized that if I tried that I'd be doing about twelve hours of driving, at least four of them in the dark in areas I do not know. So... I'm gonna raincheck on that and see if I can't make a day trip up there next week. Maybe snag my sister to go along with me...

But a road trip! How wonderful! A time to just get out on the road and drive! Clear my head and just go... and lately my head has been very not-clear. Like that song says: "breaking up is hard to do" even when it's the right thing. It's just hard getting back into my head that I'm only responsible for me. All I have to worry about is keeping myself in order. I am one person connected with God, my family, and my friends and that's it. I am single. Not looking, just single. I know it's cliche, but that feels really strange to say. But a road trip can only help. Me and the road. My only concerns: me and the road. Simple, straightforward, no complications.

Just me, the road, and God.

And since the road tends not to talk to much, I think God and I will be taking care of the conversation.

That'll be good.

-Josh

No comments: