Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Procrastination and tired eyes make for...

a grumpy day.

Which is what I am trying to avoid! I want to be content, not grumpy! But the semester has just started, and already I feel like I've been reading for far too long! These books I have to read are great books. Very thought provoking and all that, and I'm certain that reading them is doing wonderful things for my soul. But Golly Gee Wiz! Why do I have to read them so fast?! Why so many so quickly so deeply so soon?

This feeling of frustration is why I'm here typing at this very moment. I have a book to read, but my eyes are tired, and from the lightness of my head I don't think my brain is at home right now, but leave a message and your name and number and it might get back to you later. Or not.

I know that I'm a student. And studying is my job, and I'll get wondrous things out of it and earn lots of respect and get a good job and a loving and respectable woman and good children and build character besides! But I just wanted to take a deep breath and say that in this moment, right now, I'm tired. And I think that's ok. Just so long as I don't stop simply because I'm tired. And I won't, because this is worth being tired about. I've been working hard. But I am tired.

Now back to our story...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes! of course I agree... but you already know that. i just started reading apostolic fathers and i am very upset that we have to go through it so fast! i mean seriously, this stuff is as good (well almost) as scripture! not like we take scripture any slowly either though...