Sunday, August 06, 2006

Behold the View!



I have been on a wonderful vacation! I now have piles of things to catch up on, but there is no beating the wonderful time that I just had!

I love camping, and camping with wonderful people is even better than camping by oneself. I imagine that it certainly beats camping with people that one does not like!

I went with the family of my dear girlfriend to Shaver Lake and a splendid time was had! Except for contracting a bit of a stomach bug it was a whole and enjoyable experience. There were fire and games, sun and swimming, fishing and boats, hikes and plenty of time to read good books! The food seemed to be of the best sort, but since I was not well and did not eat nearly as much as I normally do I'm afraid I cannot comment on it correctly. It looked wonderful.

I could very easily go into a long description of far too many things that happened; but since most of you weren't there you probably wouldn't want to hear all about the times that were had, and are probably content with the brief descriptions that I gave above. So to keep things short I shall simply say this: it was wonderful.

Coming back into the city hurt. As the trees disappeared and the buildings got more and more uniform my heart sank. My only consolations are that I may still keep the company from time to time of the wonderful people I was with, and that I will someday return to the mountains. The worst part of vacation is the bit where it stops.

But here are pictures. Enjoy.





Post Photo Script: I can't believe that I failed to mention what a heart-rendingly beautiful, witty, caring and wonderfully intelligent and godly person my girlfriend is. It borders on great calamity that I should get to spend so much time with and around her, and then be forced back into the drudgery that is this distance, even if it is a mere matter of miles.

*here I heave a sigh and then slowly smile*

But it was wonderful.

-Josh

4 comments:

phillers said...

Poor Poor Barber . . . about the whole coming back to the city part, not about the whole she lives 20 minutes away part.

I'm not normally a jerk, I promise. Just come over and smack me and I'm sure I'll feel better.

Owen said...

Oh Josh, I am so happy that the trip went so well. when I was reading this blog i just kept thinking to myself how i could keep commenting on it in this place or that so you may recieve a fair amount of comments from me. Or you may not because I get busy, but just know that I am very happy that the trip went so great. The pictures are all wonderful and the description is one of the best trip descriptions I have ever read.

Owen said...

that last picture might sum up where I would be if I was somewhere

Anonymous said...

me too...